Saturday, February 11, 2023

Pooped in Puerto Chacabuco

It's late and I'm too tired to think right now after a long day today so I will steal what Ronnie posted on FaceBook this morning.

If you are a "map person," you might like this representation of where our ship is located (circle near the southern tip of Chile in Patagonia). Currently we are in the Gulf of Coronado. The map shows maritime traffic all over the world. It looks crowded, but generally we sail for hours and never see another boat, not even a fishing vessel. Temps have been mild, but it may be cold today. We anchor in Chacabuco and tender in to take a tour of Coyhaique and the Simpson Valley. Snow capped mountains in the background. 

 

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ (click on vessels - we're on Oceania's "Insignia")

 

Below is the view we woke up to this morning! These photos are straight out of my camera (or my phone). They appear to be in black and white, but this is what it actually looked like. All 3 were taken from our balcony at different times of the day.

 

Good Saturday morning!

 

 

the sky, the land and the sea


 

view from our port location


Our excursion today that started around 1 or 1:30 pm and we didn't return to the ship until almost 7:30 pm. Of course I took more photos than these (though not as many as I would have liked - more on that later) but I will share some more tomorrow since Sunday is another day at sea and I will have more time.

 

  

1 comment: