Monday, September 22, 2014

Cotswold Triathlon



I forgot to post photos of the Cotswold Triathlon Ronnie participated in earlier this month. Below photos I'm copying Ronnie's email to a friend with race details. Surprisingly, there were around 650 participants.



ready for swim, Sept 7, 2014



Ronnie in yellow cap, ha!




off for a 750 meter swim (just under 1/2 mile)




returning from swim




transition area, ready for bike course...




completed bike, preparing for run




home stretch




through the finish line




each finisher is presented a medal




tired but happy




leaving transition area




congrats on a strong finish, Ronnie!




Cotswold Tri - Cirencester



I loved the Cotswold Tri. Very nice venue. 750m lake swim (water was ‘clear’ and 62 degrees—not bad at all).

The bike was on open road (not closed), but it was relatively flat compared to what I have been riding (lot of hill work).

The run was two laps of basically trail running—dirt, tree roots, grass, gravel, stones, some hard pack, but no asphalt or concrete. I felt very strong off the bike.

My overall time was 1:33:08, which was better than my goal time by 11 minutes. I had assumed a very hilly bike course and a similarly hilly run course with longer transitions, which weren’t the case.

Split times were good, but I got beat by two guys on the bike and one guy on the run. I was in the top three out of the water, but couldn’t hold them off on my weaker sports.

18:44 swim 750m
2:54   T1
41:17 Bike (20km)
1:55   T2
27:28 Run (5k).

I came in 5th in my age group; 312 among the men, and 426 overall. Roughly 650 people participated (the race was full up).

Transition area was on grass.

I felt really, really good after the race. The air temp at race start was 57 degrees and felt really good. My feet got cold (and numb) on the bike, but otherwise, all else was good.

Renting a car and driving to the race site with my bike was a little stressful, but Jan went with me and that made all the difference.

So glad I did the race. 


For more info on race click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment