Friday, January 20, 2023

Manzanillo, Mexico

So we're docked in port today from 11 am - 6:30 pm. As mentioned earlier, we didn't book an excursion and that was a good decision. It's very hot here today! Some passengers had booked excursions but it seemed most were like us - just getting off the ship to wander around the port area for a bit. A few were eating at restaurants but we weren't willing to risk it. The port area was just what one would expect - mainly souvenir shops and businesses catering to both locals and tourists. We were hoping to find sim cards for our phones but what we found would have only benefited us in Mexico and Canada.

Manzanillo is a busy port city and a destination for sport fishermen. I'll share a few photos taken from our room balcony and also some I took around the pier.

Each container on that ship is the size of a 18' wheeler!


a busy port - Manzanillo, Mexico


windy day in the port city


Manzanillo sculpture - "World's Capitol of the Sailfish"


taking a break from the heat



photo op stop (Insignia in background)










5 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures. L.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still using my cell phone - haven't learned how to use my new camera yet but hopefully they will be sharper.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! If you can, change anonymous with your name so I know who I'm talking to! :) I haven't figured out how to do it from my side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did change from anonymous. Hope your day went well. Enjoy the wonderful food. Better than my crackers and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to beat peanut butter and crackers, but I will say there is no shortage of food on this ship and unfortunately, the fresh sticky buns made fresh every morning are addictive!

      Delete