Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Peter & Co.

This is Holy Week and we anxiously await celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ this coming Sunday! Tomorrow we will take the train to Jakarta for the weekend where we will attend church with another Fulbright couple (Joan and George Edwards) who happen to be from Kingwood, Texas. We will definitely miss celebrating at home but we are thankful that we can attend an Easter service with fellow believers here in Indonesia.

We'll be off early in the morning so I'm posting a little early and wishing you all a very BLESSED EASTER! We celebrate Christ's resurrection along with you - our friends and family across the miles. He is Risen!!

Now, about the rabbits. Yes they (along with colored eggs, chocolate and baby chicks) play only a secular role in the holiday, but truth be told, I'm looking for an excuse to post some really cute rabbit photos. While in Lembang this week, we were pulled off the side of the road in hopes of getting some shots of the tea fields when I noticed a small sign with a kelenci (rabbit) on it. I asked Ferry about it and we ended up following a narrow path from the road that brought us out into a private yard. Ferry spoke to a man and the next thing I knew, the guy was unlocking an outbuilding full of rabbits for sale!

The owner/breeder turned out to be very friendly and was proud to show off his rabbits, even removing some from their cages and letting them pose for us. They were amazingly well kept and healthy. Not to mention really really cute!

Yes, I had willing subjects and I got carried away. But just indulge me since it's Easter time and I just couldn't help myself!



Flopsy?



Peter
awww...


it's Easter already?

bad hare day



yes, i'm cute



I've always liked a girl with pink eyes...



just lookin' in on yall...



 I'm Angora.



greens, you gotta love 'em!



all fluff



Helen photographing 3 week old babies



another bad hare day - guess she was up with the babies all night

 

lop eared black and white


 HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Precious photos Jan. What a world of interesting people, places and things you have introduced us to on your Blog.
    Enjoy your trip.
    Easter Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! Easter blessings to you, Charles and your wonderful family!! Please enjoy a slice of Honey Baked ham for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all your captions for the bunnies...all a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a whole letter but deletedit by mistake so I will just say it is great. I feel like I know something about the world now by your blog. Thanks for showing us the world in our own home. You have all the discomforts and we get the photos. Love Pat

    ReplyDelete