Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Runavik, Faroe Islands - Pt 2

I had too many photos from yesterday's trip to Runavik so I'm turning this into a second post. All of these are bus window photos and I've cropped some of the "bus blur" to help them a little. But I wanted to post them because they offer a much better idea of what the countryside really looks like as we're driving along - the villages with colorful houses, lakes, mountains, weather, etc. I think the last one was snapped in Iceland. Hope you enjoy!

 

 

 














2 comments:

  1. Barb: These photos take my breath away. Oh Jan, what talent you have!
    Somehow you manage to get how people manage to have "Home" and beauty against their stark and lonely corner of the earth.

    I can see how they easily could have avalanches and maybe mud slides. Living in a volcanic and earthquake prone area is dangerous from both land and sea. They must be hardy people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind remarks! Yes, I think they are sturdy people. They would have to be to live here I think. It's definitely a whole 'nuther way of life than we have in the US. Our guide did mention that they have to go outside their community to find a spouse because so many of them are related.

    ReplyDelete