Sunday, October 19, 2014

Follow the footpath to Adlestrop

As I've said numerous times, it's fun to just take off on one of the many footpaths and see what lies around the corner. This particular day we took a foot path to the tiny village of Adlestrop. Like almost every village in the Cotswolds, regardless of size there are discoveries to be made.

Walk with us across open fields, pastures, narrow black-topped lanes and through the heart of a small village. I'm posting quite a few, so you can get an idea of the surprises you'll find walking in the heart of the Cotswold countryside.





berries of all shapes and colors line hedgerows and fences






this footpath carries us across open pastureland






we had to open the gate to stay on path






path follows a hedgerow






panoramic view of countryside as we walk






hedgerow or stone fence mark property boundaries






a beautiful race horse






stone barn and fence






ancient stone barn






race horses wearing coats






ready for winter






mossy covered stone fence






across another open field






and now onto a paved foot path






Welcome to Adlestrop






road through the village






purple flowers spill over a stone wall







thatched roof






thatched roof post office, Adlestrop






St Mary Magdalene Church






the sound of singing broke the silence in an otherwise quiet village






Virginia Creeper says "it's Fall"






notice the yew hedge in shape of a snail






Adlestrop, Cotswold village






evening closes in on Adlestrop






berries adorn fence row






Ronnie checks out a slate roof






leaving the village of Adlestrop













4 comments:

  1. Could you pick up enough loose slates to put a roof on your new house? Loved these pictures! Anne Neyland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I've had that thought!! The only problem is, Ronnie has to be able to lift my luggage! Really puts a damper on things when it all has to fit back into 2 bags. :( Thanks for checking out my blog and enjoying my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing Ronnie won't haul enough slates for my roof, either... So sad. I always wanted a slate roof... I like the look of thatch, but can't help but think Houston bugs would view thatch as a free pass to swarm.
    AN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I love the post office 😊

    ReplyDelete